The Litebook® Edge™
The Litebook® Edge™ emits light that is the equivalent to 10,000 lux at 20 to 24 inches. Research demonstrates that the effectiveness of light therapy is less dependent on the intensity (LUX) than on the wavelength of the light.
- Typical usage time is 15-30 minutes a day. Regular daily usage is recommended.
- Optimally, The Litebook® EDGE™ should be used first thing in the morning, as early as possible upon awakening.
- For some people, especially seniors, who fall asleep earlier than they’d like and wake up either too often or too early, we recommend using your Litebook EDGE™ in the early evening to tell your body that you’re not ready to go to sleep. This will help you sleep through the night and awaken at your preferred time.
- The Litebook® EDGE™ should be positioned approximately 20-24 inches from your face, and should be offset slightly from center to reduce glare. Can be used on either left or right side, results will be the same.
- The Litebook® EDGE™’s light beam must be directed at your eyes, and your eyes must be open to achieve benefit.
- Typically, you will recognize when you've received sufficient light - most often by feeling of heightened alertness, energy, and/or mood.